Today was the day of THE talk with the RE. No, we didn't break up, in fact we decided that we will be seeing a lot more of each other. You see, it has been decided that due to my poor response to the meds, IVF is our only chance. I haven't really thought about how I feel about that yet.
I set an appointment with the financial counselor up for next Thursday. In preparation, I went over our budget and projected income. If Mark does NOT work any overtime (overtime is projected, but I wanted to be conservative), and our vehicles do not need too many repairs when they need licensed in July and August, then we may be able to swing an August IVF. Most likely, it will be September, but we are going to try for August. For now, I am on birth control to hopefully regulate some hormones, and I will also be continuing with the evil metformin.
I know I have said it many times before, but I am just so amazed at how things have been working financially for us. A little over a year ago, Mark was just starting back to work after two years of unemployment and we were in danger of losing our house. Now we are capable or raising $12,000 in just a few months. I wish that we had gone straight to IVF though, because of the large amount that we spent trying to do IUIs. If we had, we would be able to do the IVF the end of June. GRRR! I know that it is the difference of only a few weeks, but it seems like forever. How I wish our insurance plan covered IVF!