- Made an expensive trip to the aviary, buying both lunch and dinner out. It was a rare treat for us and we needed the diversion.
- Realized that both of our window unit air conditioners needed replaced......so had central air installed instead. This was a huge splurge, but I just couldn't imagine a hot Utah summer with inefficient air conditioning and hot flashes from fertility drugs!
- Had new attic insulation blown in. This was part of an energy conservation rebate program, and we will get 85% of the cost back from our power and gas companies in a few weeks. It will save us money in the long run, but for now the money is gone.
- Spent a thousand or so on fertility treatments, with plans and hopes to spend even more if we get to the IUI.
- Paid a ridiculous amount of money at the gas pumps to fill both vehicles' tanks. This was a shock for me because I rarely let my SUV get below a half tank but this time I was nearly empty and the price made me cringe. Good thing I only fill up about once a month!
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
It feels as though our checking account has been hemorrhaging lately. In the last twelve days we have: