Wednesday, May 9, 2012

$$$$$

It feels as though our checking account has been hemorrhaging lately.   In the last twelve days we have:
  1. Made an expensive trip to the aviary, buying both lunch and dinner out.   It was a rare treat for us and we needed the diversion.
  2. Realized that both of our window unit air conditioners needed replaced......so had central air installed instead.  This was a huge splurge, but I just couldn't imagine a hot Utah summer with inefficient air conditioning and hot flashes from fertility drugs!
  3. Had new attic insulation blown in.  This was part of an energy conservation rebate program, and we will get 85% of the cost back from our power and gas companies in a few weeks.  It will save us money in the long run, but for now the money is gone.
  4. Spent a thousand or so on fertility treatments, with plans and hopes to spend even more if we get to the IUI.   
  5. Paid a ridiculous amount of money at the gas pumps to fill both vehicles' tanks.   This was a shock for me because I rarely let my SUV get below a half tank but this time I was nearly empty and the price made me cringe.   Good thing I only fill up about once a month!
It's times like this that make me grateful for the job opportunities that Mark has had this year.   It is really hard having him work away from home four days a week, but the pay is worth it.   I doubt we would be pursuing treatments without it.   I am amazed every time that I pay for an ultrasound, or another batch of drugs at how much things just fell into place for us once we decided to pursue treatments.  It makes me think that we are on the right path, and that this will be it...that we will be successful, and then I think of our last cycle being cancelled.   I refuse to worry this time around.  I will just go with the flow and everything will be golden......right?

2 comments:

sass @ (In)fertility Unexplained said...

Ugh. I don't like to think about the things we spend money on sometimes.

I'm glad you're in a good place. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

DandelionBreeze said...

OUch... it certainly all adds up :( Thinking of you xoxo