Sunday, November 20, 2011

Babies Everywhere!


A dear sweet friend of mine is pregnant...........again. Since we began fertility treatments she has gotten pregnant, delivered and is now pregnant again. This will be her seventh child. While I am happy for her and think that she is an amazing mother, I can't help but feel as if this pregnancy of hers is some great cosmic joke. The unfairness stings and makes me want to yell at the world.

Yet, I am still glad that she told me. As much as it hurts to hear her news, I am so glad that I didn't have to hear it from someone else. I am also immensely glad that she told me over the phone so that my face didn't give me away as I congratulated her. Yes, it does seem a little two-faced to congratulate her while holding back tears, but that is my problem, not hers.

Infertility certainly has a way of tainting things with mixed emotions!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I swear it is some cruel joke that when you are dealing with IF babies and pregnancies seem to come out of the wood work!!

All the best for your 2012 IVF!!

Happy ICLW
#68

Jenn and Casey said...

IF does seem to make all kinds of feelings complicated :( Here's wishing you peace when you are with your friend.