As today is Thanksgiving, I thought that it would be appropriate to share the things in our life that we are most thankful for.
1. I am greatful for a wonderful husband that copes with my daily struggle with my temper, and still manages to love me. He is wonderful friend, confidant, provider and more. I don't know what I would do without Mark in my life, He can always make me laugh and over the years has gradually taught me to not take everything so seriously.
2. I am greatful for my family. Especially two little boys that always light up when they see me and yell out "Sissy's here!!!". Those boys have taught me to be gentler and to listen more.
3. I am greatful for dear friends, the kind that you have known for over a decade and still find fascinating (you know who you are). The people that know you well enough to understand when to tell you that you're making a horrible choice, and when to zip it. Thanks guys, our Saturday nights would be dull without you.
4. I am thankful for my furbabies. I know, this one may seem silly, but you can only understand if you have arrived home to a dog with a wagging tail, and a cat purring loudly, both competing to give the first welcome home.
5. I am thankful for our prosperity such as it is. In these rough economic times, we have a home, we have dependable jobs and not much in our lives has changed. I know so many people whose lives have changed dramatically due to the economy, and I am so happy that it hasn't happened to us.
1. I am thankful for a wonderful wife. She is great at cooking, and she likes to do it as well. She does well at keeping a clean house most of the time. She has helped me to find a career that I enjoy, and doesn't mind my long hours.
2. I am thankful for a kind and loving family. I know I'm not the best at keeping in contact, but my family loves me anyways. We all communicate in different ways, which sometimes makes it hard to get things planned and done without toes getting stepped on, but we all love each other and help each other out when we need it.
3. I am thankful for the freedoms we all enjoy. I know that many people have fought and given much for those freedoms, and I thank them all sincerely. I am grateful for all the emergency service personnel as well. I know they sacrifice a lot for all of us and those we love.
4. I am thankful for all the holidays we enjoy. Without them, life would be pretty boring. I know we could party and celebrate whenever, but the holidays give it purpose and meaning.
5. I am thankful for friends. Friends can't always play when we want to, and they don't always wanna play what we wanna play. They help teach us patience and sharing, among other desirable attributes. They also help make free time fun, and help us enjoy life when it isn't as happy as we would like.