We will want to make a lasagna...
Which means we will need these things....
And then we will do this:
* 2 1/2 cups zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick lengthwise (about 2 medium)
* 1/4 cup onion, chopped (I used dehydrated)
* 1 jar spaghetti sauce (feel free to season more)
* 1/4 cup water*
* 2 Tablespoons ground flax seeds*
* 3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese (or low fat or fat free ricotta)**
* 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (I use 8 oz. divided)
* 2 Tablespoons flour
* lasagna noodles ***
* grated Parmesan
*instead of water and flax seeds you can use 1 egg
** This works just fine without the cottage cheese or ricotta.
*** If you have to have the carbs..or your husband does ;) then you can alternate zucchini and pasta for a more typical lasagna texture.
If using the cottage cheese/ ricotta: In small bowl slightly beat water and ground flax seeds. Add cottage cheese, and half of shredded cheese. Set aside.
In a (1 1/2-qt.) baking pan, spoon a small amount of sauce and spread it around the bottom. Place sliced zucchini in a single layer and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of flour. Layer with cottage cheese mixture if using, 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and sauce to cover. Repeat layers until pan is full. Reserve extra cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly (30-45 minutes)
Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving with grated Parmesan.