Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A New Perspective

The last few weeks have been incredibly difficult and incredibly rewarding. I feel as though I am turning a corner in my life. I am moving forward full speed ahead with my education, and I'm becoming closer to Mark as we spend more time together during his layoff. I think I am also gaining perspective on my infertility.

This semester I am taking Human Sexuality and I feel as though I am learning many things about myself that I never expected to learn. I am beginning to come to terms with the fact that we may never have children. This class has helped to realize that that is okay. That I can be okay, if that is what happens. It has also helped me come to terms with my sense of personal failure that is connected to infertility. Really, it's ironic that I am gaining so much from a class that I thought would be pointless!

No comments: