Perhaps I am becoming jaded, but I honestly have to say that I am glad that the holidays are almost over. I think year after year I become more disgusted with the commercialism of the holidays, and this year I am especially happy to have them over with. I'm just tired this year and I definitely did a lot less than I normally do. I really didn't do any holiday baking this year, and my Christmas shopping was rather limited because of deciding to get Mark one large gift instead of several smaller ones. Perhaps I'm a scrooge......
Keeping in mind that tomorrow is New Year's Eve, I figured that I should share my resolutions with you (Even though I'm afraid to call them resolutions for fear of dooming them to failure).
1. I have a goal (and a plan!) to increase our emergency fund to a more appropriate amount during 2009.
2. We will get around to removing all the tree stumps left from when we cut down trees this past summer.
3. I plan on expanding the vegetable garden and planning things differently so that I don't run out of interest in gardening before July.
4. I am going to stop buying Bread from the grocery store. I know this one seems kind of silly...but homemade bread is better for you. Plus, there is nothing that quite says home like hot fresh bread, and a wife in a cute pink and black apron...LOL. The apron is a long story!
5. I am going to begin line drying at least 75% of our clothes. It's better for the environment, cheaper, and our clothes will last longer. I am only aiming for 75% because I can never seem to keep up with laundry. It seems like I am always trying to scale Mount Washmore.
6. I am going to be a better friend, sister, daughter, wife. I don't have a plan for this one yet, but I'm going to find a way somehow!
&. Mark and I have another goal that we will start working on in February. We will keep you posted then!